With the abundance of pumpkins around at this time of year, why not try this delicious warming recipe put together by Head Chef, Shaun at Shucks..
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 Garlic cloves
-2x large eggs
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 1x pumpkin
- 6x tablespoons of ricotta cheese
- 2x tablespoon of Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary dried
- 1/2 teaspoon of sage dried
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
-1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- pinch of chilli flakes
1. Combine Salt , garlic , eggs , chilli flakes , cumin , cream then whisk together and set aside.
2. For the pumpkin purée , chop up the pumpkin into cubes and boil with half milk and half water until it’s goes to mash. When is turned to mash get a hand blender and blend until it all has combined until a smooth paste.If it’s still lumpy put back onto the head and add more water and butter then blend once again until a smooth paste.
3. Mix the sugar , garlic , eggs , chilli flakes , and cumin to the pumpkin purée when mixed together put the mixture into a 7x11 baking tray
4.spoon the ricotta cheese over the pumpkin purée then sprinkle with Parmesan , rosemary , sage , thyme and cumin
5. Put the pumpkin casserole into the oven at 350*F for 25-30 minutes, once’s cooked sprinkle over additional Parmesan and salt for each serving if desired.